Tuesday, October 16, 2001

Policy Regarding Comments

There are a number of things you should expect about your comments on this blog:
  1. If your comment contains profanity or blasphemy I will delete it as soon as I see it, even if it contains other good points. Don't spoil a good argument by bad language.
  2. I will ignore anonymous comments. Be courageous and identify yourself. Be a person of substance and not a phantom.
  3. I will probably ignore comments from people using pseudonyms. I don't really understand why bloggers want to be pseudo-people, especially on a blog like this. Unless you are a converted Muslim under threat of death or something worse. I get that, but I don't get many of those kinds of visitors.
  4. The length of my post should set the standard for the length of your comment. If you respond to my few-lines post with a many-paragraphs comment, I will goan. Don't expect me to read it let alone answer it. Post it on your own blog if you must write a treatise and then leave me a link. I may pay you a visit, but I probably won't. Don't waste time. Life is too short.
  5. Basically, I am not that interested in lengthy debates and arguments in comments sections. Experience has led me to the conclusion that intra-blog debates are a waste of time and generate more heat than light. I see the comments section to be places for expressions of friendship, encouragement, or clarification. I prefer debates to happen face to face, so if you want to go for a coffee some time, let me know.

The Management.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]