Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Spooked

My surname is pretty rare. Except for my immediate family, I have never met anyone else called "Dancer". When I lived in Scotland (until 16 years ago), my family were the only Dancers in any of the Scottish phone books I could find. Yes, I checked. Sad - I know. I even checked when we went on holiday to angle-land. There were a few in the south-west, if I remember correctly.

Not long after Susan and I moved to Little Eaton there was a local TV news report which featured an elderly lady who was a Dancer. It spooked me. But since then? Nothing.

Imagine my surprise, then, when this evening, after the news on a BBC Panorama Special on hospital cleanliness (7pm for those keenies), the expert microbiologist was Dr. Stephanie Dancer.

Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Too close for comfort.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]