Thursday, January 26, 2006

A Kind of Jolly

I had the pleasure of attending the Midlands Gospel Partnership meeting in Birmingham today. I had been invited by the people at Solihull Presbyterian Church so I enjoyed meeting Al, David and Tim, all ministers with EPCEW, again. Also present were Ant and Mike from Woodlands, and Mark and Richard from Duffield Parish Church, with whom I worked on placement three years ago. In total, it looked like there were about 200-250 pastors and church leaders from the Midlands area.

Mark Dever of Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, D.C. and Peter Jensen, Archbish of Sydney spoke on the theme Building, Sending, Reaching in the local church. It was a very encouraging and enjoyable time and I'll say a bit more about why tomorrow, perhaps. I'm a bit whacked at the moment.

Of course I had to pick up a couple of books to add to the pile of unread books in my house, but they were cheap and I'm a Scotsman.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]