Friday, May 20, 2005

Music Quiz

From Jon

Don't you just hate these things? Well, here goes...

Amount of Music on my computer: About 22GB in iTunes. But wait! There is good reason. I just took charge of my brother's old PowerMac G4 and it is full of his gubbins. Well, about 12GB of it. Of the rest, about 7.5GB is music.

The last CD I bought: Dookie - Green Day, about 6 months ago. I'm still a punk rock fan at heart and this fits pretty well.

Item playing right now: None. I can't work with music. If you had asked me last week, you might have got me listening to Celine Dion. It was sunny, my elderly neighbour had her windows and doors wide open, and had the volume cranked RIGHT UP. Weird that 'ASBO' should pop into mind when thinking of an elderly person.

5 songs I listen to a lot:
I don't listen to much music nowadays, but I looked on iTunes to see which came out as most played....

  1. Caught by the Fuzz - Supergrass. 2m 16s of fun. Like the guitar work.

  2. Then I Met You - The Proclaimers. Bit embarassing really. Susan must have been using this machine.

  3. Yellow - Coldplay. I liked Parachutes when it came out. But seems to have spawned a number of sound-alike bands which are boring.

  4. Walking Blues - Eric Clapton. From the Unplugged album. I mess about with blues on my own guitar. I can almost play along with this.

  5. Psalm 128 - Ian White. I first started to listen to Ian White's psalms in the mid 80's. As a bit of background, I generally don't like 'Christian' music at all. I tend to think that there are too many young people writing on Christian themes (which is fine in itself) but who then think they are in a 'worship ministry', and the rest of us are supposed to join in and be encouraging. But frankly there's too much of themselves and not enough of Christ. However, White took the psalms virtually word for word (using the NIV) and put them to music. Volumes 1 and 2 were especially good. Susan and I played them a lot on out honeymoon.


Five people to whom I'm passing the baton:

Any five who read this and feel like telling us.

OK, I'm a wimp.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]