Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well, the year is a little more than 24 hours old, but a belated "Happy New Year" to all, nonetheless. As a family we sat down to read and pray before morning worship and read Psalm 23 together:

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.
(New International Version)

This may be a year of changes for us. I hope to complete my theological studies at ETCW. I will also finish working with Derwent Free Church around the same time. Thereafter I have no firm plans - only possibilities and hopes. There are a couple of things on the horizon, but nothing that will avoid major upheaval for the family.

Therefore, Psalm 23 seemed like an appropriate reading for the first day of the year. The LORD is indeed the Shepherd of our little family flock. He promises good things for us. He is with us.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]