Friday, February 10, 2006

Not much going on around here...

Must be a week since I blogged last. Been fairly busy though...

  • Last Sunday started a series on Ruth at DFC. It was an overview before exposition of the passages themselves, where I drew out some main themes. I'm not sure I will do this again. I found in my sermon prep that in order to make reference to specific verses I had to spend a lot of time setting the context. Thus the main themes may have got lost under a sea of detail. Perhaps would have been better to plunge straight in.

  • Tuesday afternoon: Bible Week in Derby meeting. This is a Keswick affiliated event that runs each year. I am on the committee and am the treasurer (which is disastrous - I am not the greatest administrator!). I have done this for nearly 10 years. Prepared accounts for 2005 and budget for 2006. Somebody's got to do it.

  • Tuesday evening: DFC midweek meeting. I took a session on reading the Bible. Not Bible exposition, but practical stuff.

  • Wednesday evening: sevice at a residential home. I enjoy these. Had an interesting conversation with a gentleman afterwards about faith and repentance and being right with God.

  • Thursday 2.45am: had to get up to take a couple of guys to Manchester airport. I don't think I'm allowed to say where they are going or what they are doing. So I won't.

  • Thursday evening: Went to Solihull to help out with an outreach meeting run by Solihull Presbyterian Church in the town centre arts complex. It's about an hour's drive away. There were 15 or 16 turned up, most of whom were Christians from other churches. However, I had a good conversation about the gospel with one bloke.

  • In between times I have done some work on my independent study module, though I am woefully far behind. I feel I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this. It's all too much!

I now have a clear weekend to go and visit my parents in Bonnie Scotland. We did not get to see them over Christmas so there is still a goose to be eaten.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]