Monday, March 05, 2007

Some Links

I saw some good sites today. Thought I'd pass them on:
  • Christian philosopher, Alvin Plantinga, reviews Dawkins' The God Delusion. A taster:
    Now despite the fact that this book is mainly philosophy, Dawkins is not a philosopher (he's a biologist). Even taking this into account, however, much of the philosophy he purveys is at best jejune. You might say that some of his forays into philosophy are at best sophomoric, but that would be unfair to sophomores; the fact is (grade inflation aside), many of his arguments would receive a failing grade in a sophomore philosophy class. This, combined with the arrogant, smarter-than-thou tone of the book, can be annoying. I shall put irritation aside, however and do my best to take Dawkins' main argument seriously.

  • Testimony from Anglicans to the remarkable transforming power of the Cross amongst homosexual men.

  • I am not sure what to make of this last one, but I have recently come across several testimonies of former Muslims in Muslim countries, closed to Christian missionaries, who testify to the significance of dreams as they come to Christ. This site has some amazing stories. (Warning: some of these dramatisations have depictions of Christ.)

  • Finally, while I was being grilled, my mate Rob Whiteway was being inducted as Assistant Pastor at Wem Baptist Church. Danny has some pictures here. I would have been there if I could have!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]