Sunday, July 29, 2007

Catching Up

Again, it's been a while. I am having difficulties with this blog. I think the problem is that I'm not sure what it's for at the moment. I started it as a theological student. It was fun to explore ideas, rant, share news etc. My circumstances have now changed and therefore I feel I need to review my objectives. This will happen over the summer, so watch this space.

Meantime, we are almost on the point of moving from Little Eaton to Solihull. Just one more week to go before the removal van appears to take us away.

The House

Our New House

Last week we acquired the keys to the property we will be renting over the next year. I have posted some photos on Flickr, so have a look around. It's not quite like being there, and it was difficult to get good indoor shots with my camera, but hopefully you'll get the idea of the place.

We are really pleased with it. God is good. Our hope is that as well as being a family home, it will serve as a centre for hospitality and ministry as we seek to reach out to the neighbourhood. Though I don't feel that I know Solihull well yet, I feel that many live lives of limited interaction with others. This is Suburbia! But the gospel of Jesus Christ creates a new community of God's people, new creatures forgiven and cleansed, who love one another in Christ and want to share their lives together. They have a common purpose and destiny. They have one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]