Monday, November 21, 2005

Away from Home

I was "playing away from home" yesterday. I had been invited to preach at Birstall Independent Baptist Church, so the family and I spent the day down there - it is about 40-50 minutes drive from where we live. We had a good time and were well looked after. The church is small (about 16 in the morning service, 10 in the evening) but encouraged and committed to the gospel. It must have been more draining than I realised, though. When we got home just before 9pm I was like zombie! I fought it for a while but eventually went to be bed before 10pm, which is unheard of for me.

Today I need to get to grips with Hebrew. I am studying Ruth. For the last few days I have been trying to break the back of it but my study of Hebrew grammar last year has not really sunk in. This means as I go through the text I am constantly having to revisit various chapters in Weingreen. It's a slow process. Hebrew is easily the most difficult thing I have ever studied.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]